Girls Camp 2008
So if you've been wondering why I haven't posted in a week, well I've been very fortunate to have attended "Camp Comorah Girls Camp!" We had a fabulous time and I can't even begin to tell you enough great things about our ward leaders and young women! Let's just say that I'll remember this camping experience FOREVER! I am such a lucky girl to have an amazing husband who supports me in my calling and my ambitions. He just took over as being the bread winner, mom, wife, cook, house-keeper, soccer mom, swimming coach, board game player, librarian, reading teacher, tear wiper, & just the best dad ever! All the while I was having the time of my life w/the 23rd ward girls! Don't get me wrong there was a lot of sweat & tears during the week. In all good fun of course and I learned so much about myself and others! Completely the most intense spiritual moments ever!
Our amazing "Youth Leaders" they did so many neat things for the girls and they were very impressive leaders!
Hair Styling moments!
Cheer time! Every morning and night we'd have to get up a do a chant to let the Stake know we were excited to be at camp!
We actually won the "Spirit Stick" even if it took us a few days!
Carlee & Kylie were joined at the hip! This was so fun to see this friendship blossom @ camp!
Craft Day!
Beautiful, Humble Peggy represented our ward at the "Royal Garden Night" as she sang and reenacted "Mary Christ's Mother!"
Poor Janet! I convinced her to take some Tylenol PM so she could actual sleep one night- and she did, but then she couldn't wake up!
Tricia & Misha doing the robot! Ok, not really but they did crack us up all week long!
Showing how tough all of our "Orphan Annie's" can be!
Look at those animated faces! They did everything I coached them into doing! What a proud "Mama Bear" I am! (Sorry about the red-eye)
They did so good! I've never seen them shine so much as they did in this performance!
We did their hair "crazy" to make them look like orphans!
Getting ready for their "Lip Sync Night!"
Peggy rocking out to her "Mary Music!"
Heading down to "Leach Lake!" Seriously there are girls that got out w/the blood sucking creatures on them!
1st yrs. being Mosquitoes for our "SKIT NIGHT!"
Posing on top of a gorgeous Mt. - this was the 2nd yrs. 5.3 mile hike! It was fun hiking w/them even if our guide took us off the beaten trail 1 1/2 miles UP HILL!!!Quiet Time- Morgan reading her scriptures! She is just the sweetest thing!
Here is our "heroic" Bishopric making dinner for us and the stake leaders -to be judged! They made a Turkey, B-B-Q Ribs, Loaded Potatoes, Scones, Corn, Chocolate Cherry Cobbler, & Peach Cobbler! It was divine- and of course Peggy & Janet helped!"Born To Be A Queen" was the stake camp theme & it was so fun & easy to work with!















8 comments:
It was so fun i am glad i stayed and glad you got to come up to be with us!
These are great! Send them to me and I will scrap some pages for you and the girls!!
I'm glad everyone had a good time. Cute pictures.
That's awesome Natalie! I enjoyed seeing all of your pictures. You are talented!
Wow, looks like you had a ton of fun. Makes me wish I was able to be at our Camp this week more.
that is good that you had a good time i had a good time at my girls camp to!!!
I LOVED girls camp back in the day! Makes a flood of memories come back! I'd bet the girls just adore you! What a fun calling. Props to J'dee for being "Super Mom" all week! ;)
I love Girl's camp!!!! In our ward I got the most excited to be at girl's camp award! (can ya tell I don't get out much?!) Your girls did a great job on the lip sync!!!!
Post a Comment