Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When It Rains It POURS. . . .
First, I have to apologize for this post. It is going to be very negative and may sound as if I'm complaining! Well the truth of the matter is I AM COMPLAINING!!! In my life I try to be upbeat and positive as much as I possible can. I know that it isn't any fun being around a person that is always being pessimistic. If I don't let it out and vent I'm just going to explode and I don't think that would be very healthy. So for my "Healths Sake". . . here it goes!

Since July we have had three surgeries in this household and Jade's truck has broke down twice with really expensive repairs! Then around Halloween time more just kept pouring in. . . I think I must have come across a black cat, walked underneath a latter, or I didn't email 10 of my closest friends. My luck just went in the gutter! Remember when I posted about the Darth Vador mask? That was the first, then my cell phone drowned in the tub, my dryer died in a tragic motor failure, Dawson pulled Reagan's dresser over on his face, my fireplace's wiring went in flames, my car has had three flat tires (all because of nails), Reagan had to go to the Doctor again for her bladder, 18 eggs mysteriously fell out of the fridge and splattered all over the kitchen floor, there is a leak in the garage roof, the camper has a leak in the main drainage hose, I set my loaner phone in water while I was washing my hands, I put my Christmas tree up 1 1/2 weeks before Thanksgivng and we were getting our carpets cleaned so I was moving it back a little and the whole tree fell on top of me and I had to redo the entire thing, I received a $75.00 ticket for following a police officer to close (who does that?), problems with a naughty little boy at Reagan's school, we have been growing Dawson's hair out for 18 months and by a misunderstanding it was all cut off, Jade's grandma had a heart attack three weeks ago and the next day J'dee snapped his Achilles tendon and had to have emergency surgery he has been in so much pain and can't walk for six weeks, then he will be in a walking cast for six more weeks after that, my father-in-law had major knee surgery one day after J'dee, Grandma had a second heart attack after returning home from the hospital, I had to go to Thanksgiving all by myself because Jade can't handle being in the car for more than five minutes, Jade's great aunt died, both of my boys have been sick with fevers of 102.5, I finally went to the doctor and I have been fighting strep throat and a sinus infection for the last two weeks, then my best friend got really sick and was put in the hospital for Meningitis, my other friend and the lady that watches my boys had gall bladder surgery, all the while trying to get Christmas up, bought, and celebrated!!!

Thank you for listening and I do apologize again! I know that I'm very blessed and I do see the good things in my life. It just seems to be raining a little bit more than usual for us! I love you all!

This is what J'dee and Dawson have been doing!
This is what I do while they are resting!!!

Andrea and I visiting our darling friend Angie in the hospital!

Poor little boy!

Yet, he is still so adorable!

13 comments:

Amanda said...

Natalie I love you guys. You are such a great person and a great family to be around. I am sorry about all of these things that are going on. We will keep you in our prayers. We know everything will work out.

Janiel said...

Holy crap!!! You have EVERY reason to feel a little down, and no wonder you need to vent a little. Thats a lot of crap thrown your way...the list just went on and on and on. One or two of those are big "yearly" things let alone all that in DECEMBER. Wishing you AAALLLLL the best on getting ready for Christmas. Take it easy and just let things happen! Hope everyone is back up and atem' soon!

Summer said...

I am so sorry all these things are never fun! I hope everything goes better soon!

Laura G said...

Wow, your list is so much longer than mine! Thanks for blogging it all and helping put a little perspective to my complaints. Oh and Gabby saw Dawsy and kept saying 'hi' over and over again like he was going to answer back. My son wants me to sign off like this is a letter, so here goes.

Love you guys: Dayton, Gabby, Eli and Laura

P.S. Eli says he'll help Jade with the camper and the garage roof on his next set off.

Angie said...

Maaan, oh man. What's next? It amazes me how you just keep going, and going, and going and.... I love you, hang in there.

Emily said...

Dang, that is a lot! Good luck and hopefully the good will be coming your way soon!

Teresa said...

Hang in there, I promise it gets better. I have been thinking of you lately and I am so thankful to you for helping ange. You will be blessed for that...I promise. It means the world to me knowing that Angie has such a great friend. Thanks for all you do!!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, that you have been having such a downpour at your house. I totally understand the needing to vent and get a little sympathy, we all have those times.

Tandee said...

Awww! I didn't know it was that bad! It must mean there are some good times ahead that you just have to wade through to find, right? Good luck, and it was fun to lose to you at Bunko! =)

Hank and Lacy said...

I'm pretty sure this sounds more like a hurricane than like pouring rain! Let us know if we can help!

Shelley said...

Wowza,..you are the winner for bad luck this past bit! ;) I'm so sorry that you've been in the dumps lately. I must admit I laughed a little at your post as it was just so well written,...you'll look back and laugh someday too! ;) Just remember we need these down times to make the sweet times that much sweeter.

Controlling My Chaos said...

Dang, you really have had some bad luck. I sure hope the New Year has good things in store for you. I'm sorry to hear about all the ugliness, and I really hope it gets better for you.

Kunz fam said...

You don't sound busy at all!!! Holy cow!!! I love how you said for "healths sakes" That cracked me up. I'm glad you were able to squeeze bunco in, it was fun to see you. I am here any time you need to vent. Just holla!!:)

Celebrity Look-A-Likes (I WISH!!!)

What's in a Name!

What Natalie Means
You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people. You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts. You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals. You are usually the best at everything ... you strive for perfection. You are confident, authoritative, and aggressive. You have the classic "Type A" personality. You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life. You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home. You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble. You are relaxed, chill, and very likely to go with the flow. You are light hearted and accepting. You don't get worked up easily. Well adjusted and incredibly happy, many people wonder what your secret to life is. You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing. You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long. You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start. You are friendly, charming, and warm. You get along with almost everyone. You work hard not to rock the boat. Your easy going attitude brings people together. At times, you can be a little flaky and irresponsible. But for the important things, you pull it together.