Root Canal. . . .
I went to the dentist two weeks ago because a part of my tooth broke. After taking some x-rays my dentist then preceded to tell me that I would need a root canal on this tooth and most likely on the tooth right behind it. "WHAT??? A ROOT CANAL!!!" I've never had a root canal. I was TERRIFIED!!!! I took personal offense to this, thinking that I didn't take good enough care of my teeth. I should of known better than to think it was my fault. I have had two oral surgeries because of excessive brushing. I'm a four to five times a day brusher instead of the normal two to three! I have brushed and flossed so much that I have worn some of my gums away from the teeth they are suppose to be protecting! My dentist is so amazing he is very gentle, kind, and has the best manners ever. He saw the panic in my eyes and all over my face and decided it was time for a little pep talk. He made me feel really secure and confident about the entire procedure. He gave me two prescriptions. . . one for the infection and some hydrocodone for the pain. Yet, I hadn't felt any pain with the bad tooth. He said just to take it before I came in for the root canal. I still left the dentist office in tears! My stomach was sick and yet I couldn't believe I was being such a baby about the whole thing! The next week I returned for my long dreaded root canal appointment. I received a few shots and the gas and I was good to go! When my dentist started drilling and getting into the tooth to see the decay he said it looked really good and that the decay had went away from the roots so no root canal, just two fillings!!!! Yeah, it is my LUCKY DAY! I couldn't believe how my luck had changed. Hopefully we'll keep on this lucky track and have a fabulous 2009!!!!
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Posted by Natalie at 11:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's in a Name!
| What Natalie Means |
![]() |







6 comments:
Things are going to look up for you this year it sounds like! YAY! You need a break from the rough stuff.
Yeah! I am happy for you!!! I hope I am as lucky as you as I sit here with an awful tooth ache. I'm not sure if I have sinus issues that are making my teeth ache like crazy or if I have a bad tooth. I've had several root canals and they are not fun. I should have taken better care of my teeth when I was younger.
Glad you lucked out. I'm amazed you find time to brush your teeth that many times a day.
Glad it was only a filling. I unfortunatley have experienced a root canal and they can be painful. Take care
You are a lucky girl! I had a root canal in November but it was still bugging me so I went back in this week and they found a fourth canal that they had missed. Hopefully we are done with this tooth now. If you can stay away from root canals I would highly recommend it lol.
Great news! I see more of that good luck coming your way. I hope you get to take that vacation over spring break. You really deserve it. Love ya.
Post a Comment