The End of My 3rd Decade...
There are some things that you know -intellectually- are bound to happen to you, but you never really believe that they will. For me, turning 30 has been one of them. Yesterday was the big turning point in my life when I left behind my twenties & ended my 3rd decade of life and started the beginning of my 4th. My first instinct was to "freak out" and have a complete melt down (kinda like Jerry Maguire). For some reason I had always pictured it that way. Whether it was media or films that presented that idea to me -I'm not quite sure. A minute or two after opening my eyes on the morning of the 17th and welcoming the day, I decided to just REFLECT! Similar to becoming "Sweet 16" turning 30 is often seen as a pivotal birthday. No longer am I that 20 something newly experiencing the pleasures and benefits of the adult world, now 30 I find myself more concerned with my marriage, parenting, fulfillment, balance, & spirituality. I immediately began to think of all the things I have done and accomplished in my twenties. I feel really good about reflecting those last 10 years and yet there is so much more to do. So many more things to accomplish and so many more things to do that I have always dreamed of and not yet achieved. At this milestone in my life, I realize that it is only up to me and how I take it all in. My entire attitude will reflect the woman, mother, daughter, sister, friend, teacher, counselor, leader that I strive to be. I strive to become a woman with great depth and a empowered spirit!
I had an ultimate birthday with all the trimmings, thanks to my adorable husband J'dee! Here a some pictures of my spectacular day!
Friday, July 18, 2008
Posted by Natalie at 7:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What's in a Name!
| What Natalie Means |
![]() |







13 comments:
Wonderful day for a wonderful you! It's funny how the things that makes us happy evolve as we get older! ( ;
happy birthday! looks like a fun birthday!
Your uplifting sweet spirit is what I see. Your age is simply a number and as I near that age too I hope that my love, warmth, and desire to be a good friend will shine through just as your spirit shines through.
Happy Birthday! I turned 30 this May, kind of a rude awakening. I found your blog and showed Jackson a picture of you and he was pretty excited to show his brother the picture of his soon to be teacher. Fun blog!
turning 30 is not that bad it is still young! but happy birthday it looks likes you did alot of fun stuff!
Happy Birtday to you! I'm sure your thirties will be great as you don't waste a minute of your time. I don't think I could ever keep up with you!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wishing you many many more! Love all your uplifting thoughts...I will have to remember them for when I reach that milestone here in a couple years!
Happy Birthday, Natalie! It looks like it was fun- but I'm sure you make everything fun! I hope your 30's are everything you hope they'll be! =)
Happy Birthday, Natalie! You're going to love your thirties, they are the best.
Didn't you hear?...30 is the new 20! ;) Hope your day was great! :)
Happy Birthday. You look beautiful, no one would even guess you are 30!
Happy Late Birthday! And no worries, you're beautiful and still look 23!
I'm a little late but Happy Birthday also. Your great and will be wonderful at any age. We should go golfing sometime. I'm awful but decided I really like the sport. I love the look of your blog. It is very classy and neat looking. Have a great day!
Post a Comment